CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
<bgsound src='http://www.geocities.com/aileen_meyj/fadeintoyous.mp3'></bgsound>

Friday, April 14, 2006

~* SUBIC TRIP *~

Went to Subic again (like last year) with my family. Last Monday, we were at the Camayan Beach. Unfortunately, my umm period had this knack for bad timing so I wasn't able to swim in the beach. I still wanted to get some color on my [office] fluorescent lamp-soaked skin so I took a walk on the quiet part of the beach to take some pictures here and there. I waded a bit on the shore coz I loved feeling the cushy fine sand on my feet :)

Here's a collage of my beach shots:


Image hosting by Photobucket


Now here's one for the Twilight Zone episodes [cue Twilight Zone music]...

After I got off the beach, I noticed on the resort's bathroom mirror that I had these strange untanned white spots on both of my shoulders. Such weirdness. And it's totally creepy that the untanned spots were positioned in such a way that it looked as if somebody was holding onto my shoulders. The spots seemed like imprints of fingertips. Holy cow. This one's really something pulled out of a Twilight Zone episode. I don't know WTF those are and how the F those untanned spots happened. I am as spaced out as you probably are.

My mom took some pics of 'em while we were having our lunch at Aristocrat...


click for larger view


So anyway, I was looking at some more of the pics I took while I was wandering alone at the quiet part of the beach... I was photographing my shadow at some point. I took a few shots coz I was trying to get a good angle of my shadow which I casted on the sand. It's weird how there's that fuzzy shadow beside me which appears at the first two photos on top. Again, I don't know WTF that was. There was no one at that part of the beach aside from me when I took those pics; I was not near any kind of tree that would cast a shadow beside me. The two other pictures at the bottom turned out to be sharp shadows of me so I don't know why the top photos didn't have the same sharp outline.

click for larger view



Anyway, to take my mind off the Twilight Zone-ish strangeness, we noticed this big-ass almost neon green caterpillar that was on the sand beside where my mom and I were sitting. Thank God that huge thing didn't land on anyone of us! I would have freaked out & screamed, well, like a girl!!! Anyway, it was quite entertaining in a National Geographic kind of way to watch the caterpillar slowly crawl its way back to the tree.

click for larger view


********



We stayed at Subic Park Hotel from Monday til Wednesday. Last Wednesday morning, we took a walk on the beach front and as usual, I brought my camera. 'Managed to catch one of the quick and elusive tiny crabs boring holes all over the beach. So here's another one of my Nat. Geo. shots ;p The crab's camouflage is flawless...


click for larger view



Couldn't resist taking a photo of the small pond and cute parakeets (?) at the hotel's lobby:

Image hosting by Photobucket

********


Last Tuesday, we spent our afternoon at the Zoobic Safari. I like animals so I had a great time during the tour :) We went to the Tiger Safari where live chickens (at P500 bucks a pop) were fed to the free-roaming tigers while we were in the safety of the safari jeep. There's the Serpentarium which wasn't too exciting coz you know how boring reptiles are when you're just watching them through a glass window. We had a Close Encounter with the tigers in captivity. We walked through the narrow hallway right beside their {stinking} cages. We were warned by our guide to watch out for the tiger's upright tail coz that meant it was gonna aim and spray us with its urine! We managed to avoid that, thank God! However, we almost gagged coz the last two caged tigers had just crapped and the literally shitty smell was suffocating! Looking back, I could have done without that part of the tour! :p We also did a "drive-by" at the Savannah where the majestic ostriches, pot-bellied pigs & wild boars roamed freely. The towering ostriches walk so gracefully that they remind me of ramp models. Oh and those darling thick, long eyelashes! They look so beautiful :) I had the most fun at the Zoobic Park where you can pet some of the animals like the very friendly goats who followed us around. My favorite was the herd of sheep which went on a full blast baa-baa symphony (one sounded off-key! haha!). The bear cat was amusing too coz it was just hanging up side down on one of the branches. I think it was sleeping... its arms were just stretched in mid air... it's so cute! :)


click for larger view



Image hosting by Photobucket
the ostrich was a bit too uhh enthusiastic :D I was scared that it would bite my head or something so I couldn't really pose beside it!

Image hosting by Photobucket
a cute ferret just like Jennifer Aniston's pet in Along Came Polly :)


Image hosting by Photobucket
i think that was my maternal instinct kicking in! :D


The first tiger cub that was supposed to pose with me actually went on a sofa-biting tantrum so they had to replace it with a much tamer milk-thirsty cuddly tiger cub. It was quite heavy and I was surprised to feel that its coat was very coarse (that explains why the tigers in the Tiger Safari didn't seem to be dripping wet despite being in the pond neck-deep). The cub was on my lap the whole time it was drinking the bottle full of milk. Cool experience, I must say! :)

0 comments: