CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
<bgsound src='http://www.geocities.com/aileen_meyj/fadeintoyous.mp3'></bgsound>

Sunday, March 27, 2005

~* DAY 3: LAST DAY AT SUBIC!*~

MARCH 23: At 7:30am in the morning, we headed for Camayan Beach near Ocean Adventure. Since I've been teased at the office that I've been way too soaked in fluorescent lamp (I'm so white!), I was determined to soak up the sun and tan myself. 'Turns out I overcooked myself at the beach coz when I got home, my skin still felt warm and "burning"... aaand I had shocking tan lines! The next day, my sunburns were swollen that I had to put cold compress on them... even my lower lip swelled to Angelina Jolie proportions that I was a bit alarmed and took some anti-inflammatory pill!

It's been 4 days since our swimming and thankfully, most of my sunburns have peeled off already. I'm just a walking itchy and scratchy show nowadays ;-)


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



After swimming at the beach, we ate lunch at Yellow Cab before we left town. Across it is a restaurant called The Spanish Gate. (We ate a hearty dinner there the night before. We ordered paella and salpicao *yum*) The restaurant is named after the famous historical landmark beside it: the Spanish Gate, also known as the Old West Gate.



Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Excerpts from its historical marker reads: "OLD WEST GATE - This gate was the entrance to the original Spanish naval station established in Subic Bay in 1885.... The base at Subic-Olongapo was used by the Spanish navy to provide repair, supply, ammunition and medical support for ships..."

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi! how much is the entrance in Camayan Beach? and also the cottage and the room.
Do they offer overnight stay?
Do they allowed own food or we need to buy on the resort?
Thanks. :)
Reply is greatly appreacited.
Here's my email address: herbert182001@yahoo.com