CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
<bgsound src='http://www.geocities.com/aileen_meyj/fadeintoyous.mp3'></bgsound>

Sunday, June 03, 2007

~* DRIVING 101 and OTHER TV-MOVIE THOUGHTS *~

After a bit of a nagging from my mom, I enrolled in A1 Driving School for a 5-hr A/T course. No, I don't have a new car and neither is my dad buying one for me -- it's just so I can drive in case of any kind of emergency.

The first step was to get myself a student permit. I took a VL from work to do just that. Getting the student permit in Las PiƱas LTO was so dragging. I was there 1pm and was only called for ID photo and signature at 3pm. As with all other government-issued docs/IDs, my student permit photo totally sucks. I just hope I'd have a better pic when I get my non-prof driver's license. I paid A1 more than double the price of the actual student permit just so they'd have the burden of waiting for the permit til probably 5pm. I will most likely pay another obscenely overpriced fee for getting my non-prof license hassle-free.

Had my first 2 hours of driving lesson yesterday. It was fairly easy to get the car moving from point A to point B but at no more than 20mph speed, haha. Probably the funniest thing that happened was that my car stopped on top of a road hump. As per my driving instructor's evaluation, I still need improvement on left & right turning, turning to the correct lane at an intersection and observing safe distances. My problem is that I can't estimate whether I'd hit the curb or a car when I turn. I'm scared that I might have miscalculated my turn. I can't see my car's front bumper so I'm having some trouble approximating space. Argh. Oh and my neck hurts from all that craning. I should probably sit on a pillow to give me some height when sitting hehe.

My next 3 hours of driving lesson will be next week. I am already dreading the parking, backing and maneuvering that I will do.


*****************

Ok, so the past month of May brought big Hollywood movies our way. Spiderman 3 was great but too testosteroney for me with all those action sequences. I love Snow Patrol's Signal Fire in the Spidey soundtrack. Shrek the Third was okay but I loved Shrek 2 more. Puss in Boots lost its charm. One comment though: why the hell did they use Damien Rice's 9 Crimes in one of the scenes? I felt that was sooo off! Damien Rice's music is too heavy and depressing for an animated flick. It's better apt for a Grey's Anatomy soundtrack. Pirates of the Caribbean 3: At World's End was a spectacular visual feast as always. I just got confused though with some of the subplots. And their piratey accents didn't help me catch up with the story either. I was a bit "lost" with the story so I Wiki'd it. Found out from Wikipedia that there's still a scene after the end credit. Darn. We left as soon as the credits rolled so I missed the post-credit scene just as I missed the one in Pirates 2 :(


*****************

For the TV show season enders, I saw from E!News that Charlie (Dominic Monaghan) died in LOST. And Burke (Isaiah Washington) left Christina (Sandra Oh) at the altar on Grey's Anatomy. It's sooo frustrating that AXN will only begin LOST's Season 3 starting this Thursday. And Studio 23 has been advertising LOST Season 3 as "coming soon" since 2 months ago. Isn't that sooo NOT "soon" at all?! Well at least Studio 23 is now airing season 3 of Grey's Anatomy. No word from Star World though if GA 3 is coming soon.

Nowadays, I've been loving How I Met Your Mother and Heroes. HIMYM has been showing on ETC for quite a while now and I'm catching up on the first few episodes since it has just started to air in Star World. I *crush* Ted. His character is such a romantic :-) And I love Barney's lines! Neil Patrick Harris (post-gay announcement) proves to be a good comedian after all. Heroes has been airing on RPN9 but I missed the first half of Season 1 so I'm catching up via the Crime/Suspense channel which just started airing the pilot episode last week. My fave hero is Hiro (Masi Oka) coz he has such comic scenes and I *crush* Peter Petrelli (Milo Ventimiglia). Oh and did you see James Kyson Lee (Ando, Hiro's Japanese friend) judge the 2007 Miss Universe alongside Dave Navarro last week? Cool!

I know there's a gazillion copies of pirated DVDs of the latest season of these tv shows but I don't want to buy one coz I'm running out of DVD storage space!

4 comments:

Abbie said...

Wow, driving, huh? :) Goodluck. Kaya mo yan. I learned how to drive in May 2004. Two months after 120-130kph na driving speed ko at SLEX. My fastest is 140kph at Skyway just before I returned Porshie to GY. A/T is a breeze, mind over matter lang yan.

~
GA spoiler:
Yeah, Burke unexpectedly walked out on Cristina; George failed the intern exam; Callie wants a baby; MerDer is on shaky ground and Lexie Grey was introduced. :) I have all the eps na with me. Let me know if you want to borrow.

I'm crazily downloading Project Runway Season 3. I watched before yung season 1 pero wala pa sa DVD yung seasons 1 and 3 eh.

Anonymous said...

finally! nag driving lessons ka na hahaha! congrats...kaya mo yan! =)roadtrip na!

i was able to see the post-credit scene sa pirates kc sinabihan ako ng ksma ko sa work...ok lng nman, not that significant hehe...bili ka nlng ng dvd =)

Siaz said...

YEY! It's about time girl! It's good that you have A/T, coz you can do multi-tasking kahit traffic, like make-up, texting, etc

Buti nga dyan, you only need to take written exam to get a driver's license... dito, you have to take an actual driving exam pa =P

Good luck!

Abbie said...

Mitz, dito written exam lang meron (as you know). Kaya Aileen prepare ka na din ng moolah pambayad sa kukuha ng text para sa'yo. :) Btw, I got my license in San Pedro. Mega pila din pero mas near sa place mo.