CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
<bgsound src='http://www.geocities.com/aileen_meyj/fadeintoyous.mp3'></bgsound>

Monday, May 12, 2008

::. WTF?! MY BLOG POST WAS PLAGIARIZED! .::


First off, let's define plagiarism:

According to the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary, to "plagiarize" means

1. to steal and pass off (the ideas or words of another) as one's own
2. to use (another's production) without crediting the source
3. to commit literary theft
4. to present as new and original an idea or product derived from an existing source.

In other words, plagiarism is an act of fraud. It involves both stealing someone else's work and lying about it afterward.

But can words and ideas really be stolen?

According to U.S. law, the answer is yes. The expression of original ideas is considered intellectual property, and is protected by copyright laws, just like original inventions. Almost all forms of expression fall under copyright protection as long as they are recorded in some way (such as a book or a computer file).
All of the following are considered plagiarism:

* turning in someone else's work as your own
* copying words or ideas from someone else without giving credit
* failing to put a quotation in quotation marks
* giving incorrect information about the source of a quotation
* changing words but copying the sentence structure of a source without giving credit * copying so many words or ideas from a source that it makes up the majority of your work, whether you give credit or not (see our section on "fair use" rules)

http://www.plagiarism.org/learning_center/what_is_plagiarism.html

If I change the words, do I still have to cite the source?

Changing only the words of an original source is NOT sufficient to prevent plagiarism. You must cite a source whenever you borrow ideas as well as words.

http://www.plagiarism.org/learning_center/plagiarism_faq.html


So anyway, I just got this comment from my post re: my Mantigue Island/Camiguin trip last year. The anonymous poster asked if this was my multiply account. When I checked the link he/she gave, I realized why he/she thought it was my multiply. I read familiar words! The pathetic literary-retard/plagiarist blogger has copied virtually everything from my post! The nerve!

Click on the photos to see what Lala the Blog Plagiarist posted on her site... I screencapped it just in case she restricts viewing rights/deletes her multiply post in this URL:

http://twinklelala.multiply.com/photos/album/118/Mantigue_Island_Camiguin
And here are the screencaps of my blog post last year which she undeniably plagiarized: http://lilacstardust.blogspot.com/2007/07/island-hopping-in-camiguin.html#comments

Why in the world would she plagiarize my post?
a) she is too much of a dimwit to put her own experiences into words

b) she graduated from plagiarism university and majored in copy-pasting

c) she super-flunked all her English and Literature classes so she doesn't know how to construct words into this simple intelligible body of work called "blog"

d) she thought it was a one in a million probability that I would find out that she ripped off my blog post

e) she is a massive disgrace to the blogosphere and she is too much of a dunce to actually know that

f) she is royally constipated coz her subject and verb disagreed with her.

Feel free to add more reasons.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yuck!!!!! sino sya?!?!?! geezzz!!! kapal!! ganda ng WANTED poster!! nag-comment ka sa post nya? hay naku, loser si twinklelala! twinkleKAKA! haha!

~*lilacstardust*~ said...

ewan nga eh! hindi naman thesis/school paper yung ginagawa nya for her to even think about copying off my blog. i mean, how freakin' hard could it be to write about your own experiences dba?! kaka!!!

candyQ said...

Oh my! I checked her multiply site and that particular post has been made private. Then I went on over to her homepage and guess what? The heading for her photo section is Fitting the world inside a picture frame!

Anonymous said...

naman! at first i thought what was plagirized was one of your posts about your thoughts on love, life and the like... which i must admit na "plagiarizable" talaga for being well written and witty... yun pala, she copied your experience! hahaha pathetic.
maybe she never really went to those places.. kase wala sya time...coz she's probably busy reading and plagiarizing other people's blog. miss you meyj!

Anonymous said...

First off, I am very sorry to hear that this has happened to you and understand well the frustration.

I just wanted to extend an offer to help you in any way that I can. Having dealt with a few hundred plagiarist and having worked with the people at Multiply in the past, I may be able to help get your content removed.

Just drop me a line via my site if you're interested and I'll gladly look into it. From what I'm seeing here, this should be a trivial matter to resolve but I don't have access to the plagiarist site since it is password protected.

If the site's been removed, please disregard but definitely keep me in mind if anything like this comes up in the future.

I am here to help...

~*lilacstardust*~ said...

CQ: she probably got that from the john mayer song 3x5 ;-)

ANNRAY: i know, dba?! miss yah!

JONATHAN: thank you so much for offering your help :) i'll keep your offer in mind ;-) in the meantime, i think i've shamed her enough with that "wanted" poster haha!

Anonymous said...

I wonder...did they actually meet Mang Roger? And who the heck is Mang Natoy? Did she get confused or what?

And I take it she knows about this post that's why her plagiarized one is already privatized? She posted some pics of her Camiguin trip by the by, I just checked.

And I think she also got the Fitting the world inside a picture frame from YOU, dear, because she has now changed the title of her photo section.

Wala lang. Nakikicomment lang. Just a passer by... =)

Anonymous said...

this is really a desperate pathetic act...

i hope that lala learns from this.

i believe that she has a very boring and sad life...

i will help you spread the word about her...

Anonymous said...

Couldn't help but comment.

Saw this in brew's Multiply.

amazing! what a poor excuse for a human being. Don't tell me na pati pictures na plagiarize din?

:) I'll spread the word too kung di pa kayo nagka-ayusan.

Anonymous said...

hi, i am a fan of your cdo-camiguin story... and i really wonder why lala did that... i know how it feels when somebody's using your words or idea as if it were theirs...

just really curious why did she did that.

more power to your blog.