CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
<bgsound src='http://www.geocities.com/aileen_meyj/fadeintoyous.mp3'></bgsound>

Monday, April 11, 2005

~* DEATH BY DVD MUSH *~

Yeah. I've been watching "kill me now, why don't you" mushfests on DVD. I dunno. Around this time of the year, along with December and February, I feel extremely DQ-ish. I guess that's how it is when you know you're turning another year older soon and you still find yourself in the same love-lorn sh*thole (save for the year 2003... the ONLY happiest birthday for me, by far...). It is pseudo-death by DVDs. I started with Sixteen Candles and My Best Friend's Wedding... plus, a surprise mush-- The Village -- last week. And tonight I cried a bucket of tears watching The Notebook the second time around. (awww, I think I like Ryan Gosling now...). Over the next coupla days/weeks, I am queuing the following movies (all of which I have already seen before but want to watch again out of sheer emo-suicide):



  • Before Sunrise
  • Before Sunset
  • Pretty In Pink
  • Grosse Pointe Blank
  • Closer
  • Mi Vida Sin Mi
  • Reality Bites
  • Untamed Heart
  • and probably the Aidan-Carrie/Berger-Carrie episodes of SATC

Crying is good, they say.

This too shall pass.


~oO0Oo~

"He's got you on a pedestal and me in his arms." ~ Kimmy to Julianne


George Downes: Michael's chasing Kimmy?
Julianne Potter: Yes!
George Downes: You're chasing Michael?
Julianne Potter: YES!
George Downes: Who's chasing you... nobody, get it?

~ MY BEST FRIEND'S WEDDING

~oO0Oo~

"Sometimes we don't do what we want to do because we're afraid that other people will know that we want to do them." ~ Ivy Walker to Lucius Hunt

~ THE VILLAGE



~oO0Oo~

Noah: It's not about following your heart and it's not about keeping your promises. It's about security.
Allie: What's that supposed to mean?
Noah: [yelling] Money. He’s got a lot of money!
Allie: You smug bastard. I hate you for saying that.
Noah: You're bored Allie. You're bored and you know it. You wouldn't be here if you weren't.

Allie: You arrogant son of a bitch.
Noah: Would you just stay with me?
Allie: Stay with you? What for? Look at us, we're already fightin' !
Noah: Well that's what we do, we fight... You tell me when I am being an arrogant son of a bitch and I tell you when you are a pain in the ass. Which you are, 99% of the time. I'm not afraid to hurt your feelings. You have like a 2 second rebound rate, then you're back doing the next pain-in-the-ass thing.
Allie: So what?
Noah: So it's not gonna be easy. It's gonna be really hard. We're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, you and me, everyday. Will you do something for me, please? Just picture your life for me? 30 years from now, 40 years from now? What's it look like? If it's with him, go. Go! I lost you once, I think I can do it again. If I thought that's what you really wanted. But don't you take the easy way out.
Allie: What easy way? There is no easy way, no matter what I do, somebody gets hurt.
Noah: Would you stop thinking about what everyone wants? Stop thinking about what I want, what he wants, what your parents want. What do YOU want? What do you WANT?
Allie: It's not that simple.
Noah: What... do... you... want? Whaddaya want?
Allie: I have to go now.

~ THE NOTEBOOK

4 comments:

~*lilacstardust*~ said...

hi ivah! thanks! the DVD mushfest is my new obsession these days... it's such a nice experience for me coz i'm a sucker for mushy quotes and stuff. and there's a lot of insights to be gained from these movies.

i sooo love closer! and yes, my best friend's wedding has a brilliant selection of songs... i don't have the OST though... and to think i call myself a CD collector! :P

d3nd3n said...

love.love.love.closer. such a bittersweet, painful, moving film. i'd have to watch it again.

Abbie said...

Hey! Borrow Sixteen Candles and Pretty in Pink. :) Have you watch American President na? Haha!

I also love that MBF Wedding's line.

~*lilacstardust*~ said...

ABBIE: sure, i'll lend u my 16 Candles DVD! :) As for Pretty in Pink, I just borrowed the VCD fr Charo... i haven't watched it though... Yup! I watched na your American Prez DVD ;-)

About the pedestal quote fr MBF... that was like *ouch* when I heard it. Parang I can relate na ewan... :P