CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
<bgsound src='http://www.geocities.com/aileen_meyj/fadeintoyous.mp3'></bgsound>

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

~* PIMPING IS CONFUSING *~

Pimping my PC (think MTV Pimp My Ride!:P) is confusing the hell out of me. I am lost in the technology of DVD-ROM vs. DVD-RW. The DVD+R, DVD-R and DVD+RWs confound me. I was almost set on buying an Asus 16X DVD-ROM along with 512MB RAM and 80GB HDD but my dad suddenly wanted me to check out the DVD RWs-- he's even gonna shell out some moolah (IF it's WITHIN his budget) to add to my "pimping" money. I remember reading from somewhere that you gotta have a gargantuan memory to burn DVD movies and such. I think that's why I gave up on the idea of getting myself a DVD burner. Plus, it's freaking expensive. And what the f*** are Blu-Ray discs and HD-DVDs??? And that region-locking thing. Gee, I took quite some time researching about it. Apparently there's hardware-based and software-based region counter thingiemajigs. I forgot which one is easier to hack. Downloading firmwares... flashing bin files whatever. Arghhhh. *pulls hair in frustration*

My Googling abilities have been way too tested with researching about DVD-ROMs and DVD-RWs.

3 comments:

Abbie said...

Hahaha! Naku! My bet is still DVD-RW BUT like you said there's MORE to burning DVDs. When I was so crazy last year abt downloading movies, I almost traded my combo to a DVD-RW kaso nga its TOO complicated with all those bin files and ripping and converting.

Goodluck!

Anonymous said...

I really dont know but someone told me mas ok daw DVD-RW. I havent really tried mine so I dont know wats gud about it. I'll ask my sis. yun mahilig sa ganyan eh. well i suggest, u ask the experts....

~*lilacstardust*~ said...

ABBIE: hmmm. have not decided yet. i don't have money to buy a dvd-rw anyway. it all depends if my dad won't get gulat with the price! haha! i think i'm gonna stick to dvd-rom first since the technology of dvd-rw is still very dynamic. I'm sure pag stable na technology nyan the prices are gonna go down like what happened with CD-RWs now.

JAKO: wow! kelan ka pa natutong magbasa ng blog ko ulit ha?! edi u saw my previous bitter ocampo entries?! hehe:P sawa ka na ba sa love life stories ko? paulit-ulit lang dba?! :P hoy magpakita ka! miss ka na namin! gimmick tayo! =)