CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
<bgsound src='http://www.geocities.com/aileen_meyj/fadeintoyous.mp3'></bgsound>

Saturday, August 06, 2005

~* ROCK STAR INXS *~






I am hooked on ROCK STAR INXS. I get to catch it whenever I eat late dinner around 9ish pm at Star World. The first time I caught this weeks ago... I was like: "what the heck were they thinking? why are there even females in this contest?" It will be TOO weird to have a female INXS vocalist.

I vaguely remember INXS back in the 90s coz my sister had a CD of them. I can only remember one song: Suicide Blonde... which, in my compilation of misheard lyrics goes: "supersonic gold...[su-i-ciiide blonde...]" *labooo* Aaaanyway... I just found it weird that they are actually trying to resurrect their band [after Michael Hutchence died] by holding a big-shebang American Idol-ish search for a new vocalist.

I am so amused with Dave Navarro. I've caught some episodes of Carmen + Dave Til Death Do Us Part @ MTV and I just can't believe he's actually non-scary despite of his heavy eyeliner, devilish facial hair and all. He even cried in his actual wedding! He actually seems sweet and generally a nice guy.

MY FAVES:


JORDIS: I love her voice, expecially when it turns husky (think: a more soulful version of Pink/Gwen Stefani). She's not O.A. when she performs on stage. She totally "feels" the song she sings. I looooved her version of Hoobastank's The Reason and Nirvana's The Man Who Sold the World. She gives me goosebumps when she does that husky-wailing kind of singing.

I still think that it's too weird to have a female INXS vocalist but I would love for Jordis to have a solo career. She has such a great potential to be the next big thing to hit the music industry.




JD: *sigh* I first noticed him coz he's *hot*. He looks like that guy (Max character) from Roswell. The first time I saw him was when he sang Alanis Morissette's Hand in my Pocket. He's got great stage presence AND he's yummy to look at. Basta.





MIG: I was surprised to learn that he's got Filipino blood. I read it from Inquirer, I think. I remember him being nervous about singing Aerosmith's Walk this Way coz it was such a tongue twister but he managed to pull it off nicely.



BRANDON: He's a bit eccentric when he performs. I liked his version of Tonic's If You Could Only See. He was barefoot when he sang Sweet Home Alabama. I'd be sad if he gets eliminated early.

HMMMs...:

Bleach-blonde MARTY reminds me of that short guy in the sitcom Just Shoot Me. I just can't concentrate on watching his performance coz I keep thinking of that funny short guy in the sitcom. It's just too distracting!

I am happy that TARA got eliminated. She's just so *ughhh* trying hard that I cringe whenever I see her perform. I don't like the way she projects herself on stage. O.A. Trying hard. 'Kainis.

2 comments:

raissa said...

I share your sentiments. I also think its too weird for INXS to have a female vocalist but at least they made it open to everyone. Who knows it could actually work but it would dramaticaly change the dynamics of the group.

~*lilacstardust*~ said...

hi raissa! yup, good thoughts you've got there :) equal opportunity, i guess ;)