CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »
<bgsound src='http://www.geocities.com/aileen_meyj/fadeintoyous.mp3'></bgsound>

Friday, September 09, 2005

~* WILL THE REAL ALVIN ALFONSO PLEASE STAND UP? *~


Hmfft. My officemate was surfing Friendster this morning and stumbled upon this profile of Alvin Alfonso (think: PLDT DSL, Colgate, Master Facial Wash, Ponds and Bench b/low ads). One of his pictures caught my officemate's eye. Coz hellloooo, it was my pic with Alvin from last year's Hush Puppies thingie in ATC wherein we watched the 'fellas perform. So WTF is MY picture doing there?! Hermm. I checked out the profile and discovered that another one of the pics was those shots I took of him while he was modelling the Hush Puppies stuff. Both pictures bore my usual stamp of my webbie address. (I always stamp my celebrity pictures which I post on the net with my angelfire website {nowadays with my blogspot URL}).

Sooo... this is the second time that somebody out there indiscriminately right-clicked on my blog photos. Gaaah. The first incident was this faker who made a fake profile of Franco Mabanta (who used to be Akafellas' manager and umm, you may remember him as "Jasper" from the Coke(?) commercials) using my picture with him (and Tere) during the 'fellas' Greenbelt Onstage concert. The poor Adobe Photoshop-challenged faker could not erase my entire website address on the pic such that the word "fire.com" was still stamped on Franco's forehead. I was able to easily verify that fake profile coz I happened to know people who actually knew Franco personally. We reported the damn profile a coupla times to that "Friendster abuse" link.

But this time... Oooh this one's interesting! I cannot really gauge if it's some convincing impostor or if it's the real deal. The grammar is decent, the pictures look personal, some of the testimonials seemed to be from people who really knew him and oh gee there's even a blog!

Ewaness. If it's a faker, I will be royally pissed. I hate it when people steal my photos. And it is infuriating that my photos become part of something that is deceiving unsuspecting fans out there. Whatever happened to asking for permission to use somebody's virtual/net property?!

But if it's really Alvin, HE OWES ME A DAY-LONG DATE AND A KISS. hah! :P


will the real alvin alfonso please stand up?

7 comments:

Siaz said...

DAMN!!! He's Hot!!!!

~*lilacstardust*~ said...

oh yeah! *tssss* kind of a hottie;-) imagine that huge b/low ad at the alabang bridge. very hazardous to women drivers who'll get distracted ;)

Anonymous said...

er...maybe the photo thieves opened your blog through microsoft front page. in a normal view, they can evade the no-right-click codes...just suggestin'... v(^o^)v

~*lilacstardust*~ said...

hi yuki! i also think that the no-right-click code does not work if the surfer uses Microsoft XP wherein those little tool box icons show up when one hovers the mouse on the image. i have yet to find a code that disables that feature :( do u know such a code?

~*lilacstardust*~ said...

*gasp* i think that profile was *really* his. i just got a friendster message from him...

holy cow.

Date: Friday, September 23, 2005 2:57:00 PM

Subject: Re: uhhmm, i believe those pics were from my blog...

Message: There's this girl who submitted those photos on my account so I approved it thinking that she owns those stuff and just would like to share it to me but I was wrong. I'm sorry if those photos was yours.

Aileen wrote:
hi! =)

i'm not sure if this is just one of those bogus profiles or if you're *really* alvin alfonso...
anyway, i just noticed that you're using two of my pictures from the hush puppies event @ atc. it would have been nicer if you asked me/let me know that you will use those pictures...

granting you're an uhmmm an impostor, then i'm royally peeved. if you're *actually* alvin, well yeah, to some degree you do have a right to use those pictures coz it is your face that's on 'em... but those photos were from my digicam so i guess i have at least 50% right to know that you'd be using those pictures, right? ;-) i'm quite disappointed that you didn't let me know that you'd be using those pictures =( i would have been happy to know that you liked the pics enough to post 'em here.

oh well.

i hope you reply coz if yours is a fake profile then i would have to report you for friendster abuse. i'm sorry if i'm quite touchy about these things coz it's the 2nd time that somebody got my pics from my blog and used it for a(fake) friendster account of a celebrity. i just detest the thought of my photos being used to deceive fans/people. i hope you understand.

thank you!

Anonymous said...

That ain't my homeboyz page lolzzz..i spoke to him about that! impostor daw yan lolz.. i got his real friendsters page!lilac if you wanna see his friendster holla at me aight!!! peace...

JRB

Anonymous said...

If u want ur pics to be "exclusive" to you then find a way to restrict viewers from copying them. Stop whinning. Its partly ur fault that ur pics are being used of Alvin's advantage and hey dont flatter urself im sure he has hundreds of photos of himself. He doesnt need a whinny photographer like u...